Specialty Hospital of Central Jersey
- MSW – Social Worker – Provide Social Work services to patients and families at Specialty Hospital of Central Jersey. Collaborates with Case Management, Physicians and Nursing staff to meet the Social Work and discharge planning related needs of patients and families. Master’s prepared Social Worker will participate in clinical supervision and policy/program development for Social Work. MA/MS degree required. One to three years prior experience in Social Work preferred. Certification in Social Work issued by the New Jersey State Board of Social Work Examiners.
- Housekeeper – Part Time – 25 hours per week – Responsibilities include cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping; offices, hallways, pantries, utility rooms, family rooms, nurses station and medication room, patient rooms and bathrooms. Perform terminal cleaning in discharged patient rooms, wash and change soiled curtains, disinfect beds, furniture and surfaces. Empty trash throughout the units daily, including the offices. Buff hallways and nurses’ station floors two or three times a week. Some travel between Lakewood and Oceanport facilities required. Other duties as assigned. High School diploma or equivalent preferred. After training, must be able to demonstrate the correct use of chemicals, equipment, supplies and tools as assigned. Ability to read and understand minimal English due to patient contact and chemical contact is preferred. 3-6 months experience preferred.
- Human Resources Coordinator -Execute Recruiting and Physician Credentialing duties as determined by the Vice President to include but not limited to: Attract Talent to the company. Responsible for recruiting process, including sourcing and recommending candidates. Build a candidate database. Help develop and improve recruiting process. Network and assist with building a social media presence. Use traditional and non- traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates. Manages current candidate’s activity in applicant tracking system. Credential and re-credential healthcare providers. Ensure initial application and reappointment application are processed in a timely manner. Assists with on- going maintenance of credentials. Coordinates orientation process and the collection of all necessary credentials. Prepares files for Medical Executive Committee Meetings. Part time position with Full time potential.Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Healthcare Experience. HRIS experience, experience with applicant tracking system required.
- RN – Full Time Day and Night – The Registered Nurse provides nursing care in the health care system within the scope of practice defined by the Nurse Practice Act and regulatory standards. The Registered Nurse assures safety in practice by maintaining a realization of own individual level of knowledge and experience and assumes responsibility for advancing knowledge of self and others of the patient care team by communication with and utilizing resource persons and programs available. Is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors, etc. Responsible for supervising and directing the delegation of tasks to appropriate team members and collaborates with other patient care providers. RN’s are responsible for consistently setting and evaluating priorities through appropriate interventions with measurable outcomes toward improvement. The Registered Nurse as an individual practitioner and the interdisciplinary team manager, utilizes the nursing process to integrate all aspects of the provision of care and individualizes the plan of care to address a specific patient’s needs. BA/BS/BSN degree preferred. Completion of Clinical experience in NLN accredited school preferred. Additional experience required based upon specific department needs. Current NJ RN Licensure required. National Certification preferred. BLS required. ACLS preferred, must acquire within one year of employment.
- Nursing Assistant – Full Time Days and Nights -The Nursing Assistant functions as a member of the health care team and performs selected patient care activities under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse and, is responsible for identified unit support activities and identified critical clerical/administrative functions as directed. High School diploma or GED, BLS required, 1 year experience preferred.
- Respiratory Therapist – Assesses patients’ pulmonary status, develops plan of care in collaboration with the physician and nurses and delivers respiratory care to patients. Successful candidate will have an AA/AS degree. NJ licensure as Respiratory Therapist required. Certification and /or Registration by NBRC required. BLS required. ACLS is preferred.
- Staffing Coordinator – Primary responsibility is to coordinate and provide nursing staff coverage to ensure that all shifts are adequately staffed. Responsible for organizing and managing information in the staffing office. Works with software systems. Provides staffing and payroll reports to the Director of Nursing Services and Chief Clinical Officer. Interacts with all levels of staff, supervisors and management. Responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors, etc. High School diploma. AA/AS preferred. Business office experience with computer, proficiency with Microsoft Office Software, (Excel; Word) on line scheduling and payroll systems required. Telephone etiquette required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed. Knowledge of medical field or knowledge of medical office, staffing, and health care field preferred.
- Case Manager – Screen all admitted patients as assigned for medical appropriateness and refer cases to achieve optimal clinical and financial outcomes, utilization and services. Participates in Utilization Review activities to ensure length of stay of assigned patients. Participates in discharge planning to ensure a safe and timely discharge plan. BA/BS required. Master’s preferred. Three to five years medical Surgical Nursing experience required. One to three years Utilization Review, Case Management, Managed Care experienced required. Current valid NJ RN license required. CCM preferred
- Enrollment Specialist – Obtains initial participant information relating to admissions, coordinates intake process, and provides information and referrals to community agencies as appropriate. Promotes the PACE Program in the community to potential participants and other agencies. Maintains current, written assessment and intake records inclusive of potential participant’s expressed wishes and the referral services provided, as appropriate. Assists potential participants in managing their needs while undergoing intake and assessment process, including referrals to doctors and other community agencies. Participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings when potential enrollees are assessed for enrollment into the program for purposes of providing and clarifying information obtained during the intake assessment. Provides alternative community resources to applicants who are not accepted into the PACE program. Assists with financial eligibility process for potential PACE participants. Reviews Medicaid eligibility, monitors time frame for recertification and facilitates Medicaid applications for certification and re certification. Collects data and prepares reports in accordance with the State PACE Administering agency and CMS requirements. Assists in evaluating the intake and assessment process, identifying problem areas accordingly and making changes as recommended. Contacts identified key referral sources regularly to discuss possible program candidates. Maintains ongoing relationship with identified individuals and agencies to ensure a clear understanding of PACE as a vital community resource. Shares responsibility with other team members in the implementation of the PACE philosophy and achievement of program goals. High School Diploma or GED required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a healthcare, insurance or similar environment. Working with state Medicaid and other financial systems preferred. Computer proficiency in word and excel applications. Minimum of 1 year working in senior healthcare is preferred. Must be bi-lingual. Ability to effectively present PACE philosophy and model to the community and to prospective participants. Working knowledge of physical, psycho-social, behavioral and family needs of the elderly. Working knowledge of community health and social service delivery systems and aging networks. General knowledge of financing mechanisms such as Medicaid & Medicare. Good working knowledge of PACE philosophy and eligibility/denial criteria. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to schedule appointments. Able to work independently and function with minimal supervision.
- RN – Coordinates nursing care for participants 24/7 in the center and/or at the participants’ homes. Ensures the clinic operates on a daily basis in collaboration with the Director of Nursing and physician. Delegates appropriately to Center and Clinic Nursing Assistants. Provide care in the assessment room as needed including medication administration. Participate in 24/7 “on-call” process for triage of participants and their needs. Work collaboratively with other team members, especially the interdisciplinary team to develop and implement the nursing and home care components of the comprehensive interdisciplinary team plan of care. Participate in all interdisciplinary team meetings. Complete initial RN assessment and reassessment face to face as part of the interdisciplinary team. Contribute to the care plan for nursing needs by the participants. Assesses the participant /family understanding and capacity to manage self-care or family provided care. Participate in family meetings, staff meetings, in-service and training and orientation programs as required. Ensures medical equipment is available and in working order on a daily basis. Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree required. Professional Certification preferred. Minimum 3 year experience working with the frail and elderly in acute, long term care, ambulatory or community based setting. Experience with paperless documentation preferred. New Jersey RN License, BLS Certification and valid New Jersey driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Successful candidate will be customer focused and will possess planning and problem solving skills and will be accountable and results oriented. Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills required.
- Van Escort – Escort is responsible for escorting participants in door through door transportation to the PACE Center, home, medical appointments or other destinations as part of PACE transportation services. The Escort also assumes responsibility for communications while the van is in motion and reporting any changes observed in the participant’s condition.
Will assist driver in collecting and delivering participant supplies and or durable medical equipment. Will notify dispatch of late pickups or cancellations. High School Graduate/ GED, BLS Certification required along with the ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing, clearly and effectively. Must be physically able to perform strenuous tasks. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions for a safe work environment. Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff and the public. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Minimum of 1 year working with a frail or elderly population required.
- Driver – Per Diem – Responsible for the safe and timely transportation of PACE participants. This includes transport of participants, meals, durable medical equipment, pharmacy, and any other transportation as deemed necessary. Responsible for overall cleanliness and safety of the vehicle assigned on a daily basis. Responsible for communicating any safety issue to the Transportation Coordinator. New Jersey driver’s license, CDL license with passenger endorsement and safe driving record required. Must be able to read and understand maps and routing information to navigate within the PACE service area. Must be able to handle information in a confidential manner at all times and to deal professionally and diplomatically with people. Must have good interpersonal skills Experienced in transporting individuals with special mobility needs required. Must be flexible and able to function in stressful situations. Knowledge of safety requirements pertaining to the transportation industry required. Requires individual who can coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and is skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, caregivers and co-workers. Must be proficient in identifying and recommending problem resolution. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision. Experience working with transportation software scheduling program. Position requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, with or without reasonable accommodation. Minimum of 1 year working with the frail or elderly required.
- CHHA -Job Summary: Full Time, Per Diem, Nights and Weekend Positions Available. Under the direction and supervision of the Home Care Director or designee/Registered Nurse, responsible for providing and assisting participants with activities of daily living, restorative and supportive care necessary to the preservation of the home environment. Assists in monitoring and reporting the health status and providing a safe environment for the participants. Job Requirements: High school diploma or GED. Current Home Health Aide Certification – New Jersey. Minimum of 1 year working with the frail or elderly. Current driver’s license with proof of auto insurance. Safe driving record. Knowledge of principles, practices, standards and techniques of a certified home health aide. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Knowledge of medical equipment use and maintenance. Skilled in establishing and maintain effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff and the public. Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Electronic Medical Records Specialist – Job Summary: Ensures that all records are stored electronically and that all information is secure and readily accessible. Prepares standards and guidelines for the appropriate use of electronic records management tools and resources in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Protected Health Information policies and procedures. Job Requirements Minimum of an associate’s degree. Bachelor’s Degree in Library/Information Sciences preferred. Minimum of 0-1 years of related experience. 2-4 years’ experience preferred. Advanced knowledge of record keeping and document imaging technologies, protocols, and development tools. Direct experience working with various forms of storage media, including paper, digitally scanned images, disk, tape, CD-ROM, microfilm, etc. Working knowledge of archiving and publishing tools. Hands-on experience with content storage servers and a range of database platforms. Understanding of basic project management principles. Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws. Experience with electronic medical records. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Complete an online employment application or download and complete a PDF employment application to join our team.